Summer in the Dolomites is varied, diverse and exciting: All activities take place with the backdrop of the spectacular panoramic views of the Dolomites. There are also many cultural treasures and events.
Hiking & Walking
The majestic Braies Dolomites, the attractive Valle di Braies and the Nature Park Fanes-Senes-Braies are ideal for hikes and walks. Explore the mountain world of the Braies Dolomites and the nature park Fanes-Senes-Braies on well-developed and sign posted paths and discover, peak by peak, the impressive and unforgettable panoramic views.
From Braies you can start out on easy walks, gentle hikes in the valley, fascinating high routes and circular tours around the famous peaks of the Braies Dolomites. If you feel like a rest, choose one of the rustic mountain huts for a comfortable break.
Depending on the weather, we go hiking with you every Tuesday or Thursday up to its lofty heights. You will be accompanied by a mountain guide or a member of our staff.
Cycling & Mountain Biking
Braies and Alta Pusteria – Three Peaks Country are not only a paradise for hikers and mountain climbers but also for cycling fans and mountain bikers. Comfortable valley paths and sensational bike tours around the famous peaks of the Dolomites await you. Add to that pretty villages, rustic huts and an unforgettable alpine panorama.
Tips for families
- Nature experience at lake Lago di Braies and lake Lago di Dobbiaco: Wading in the water, riding in a boat, making ships from bark and leaves and letting them float on the lake, walking barefoot over forest soil, grass and stones, … on the shores of the lakes Lago di Braies and Lago di Dobbiaco children experience a holiday in the midst of nature.
- Day of adventure at lake Lago di Braies: From the beginning of June to the beginning of October every Friday from 10:00 a.m. children have a true adventure at lake Lago di Braies!
- Young and old are invited to visit a farm, help the farmer’s wife with cheese-making, learn about the processing of berries and fruit and more, at the teaching farms Lechnerhof and Alpe Pragas. On Tuesdays in the middle of June until the middle of September there are combined guided tours of Lechnerhof and Alpe Pragas. On Thursday there are a guided tour of Alpe Pragas. Every Wednesday from July to September there are organised a summer evening at the farm Lechnerhof.
- Interesting themed walks and family hikes tempt you to hikes, walks and strolls! The playgrounds too are a real hit!
- Hacking with a riding instructor to lake Lago di Braies and surrounding area – at the riding stables Steinwandterhof in Braies you are in capable hands!